T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built my own T-Shirt heat press.A friend of mine and i run a vinyl sign buisness on the side so we decided to build it for our company shirts and maybe give to our customers as a free gift.Were not in it to get rich quick actually i was wondering if you people can direct us to the lowest price heat transfer vinyl around.Also we tried some low budget ink jet transfer from walmart.Looked nice when finished but one wash in the washer machine and it was all over?Whats the deal?Is it just cheap transfer paper or is vinyl the only way to go other than silk screen on a budget?Is it possible that there is better quality ink jet transfers,or are companies just telling you that? I would like some feedback on supplies of SHIRTS/HATS/HEAT TRANSFER PAPER as well as HEAT TRANSFER vinyl are they just for t-shirts,or can i do my golf polos??

Thank your very much

Yours Truly

JEC

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome
Sorry, I can't answer your questions as I'm fairly new to heat press too but I'd be interested as to how you made your own heat press. I've been thinking about trying it myself.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi JEC, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

There are definitely varying qualities of heat transfer paper. The kind you get at Walmart is generally for home/hobby one-use type shirts. You want the professional grade stuff that is for resale printing.

You can find lots of information about Heat Press and supplies in the Heat Press category of the forum here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

1 - 3 of 3 Posts