T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I love fashion and I'm very interested in the custom t-shirt bussiness! but I don't know how to start, I am an artist (paint), but I'm somewhat lost!...So how's everyone doing!!!:) Elaine!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to start, read as much as you can, and start talking to people. I'm a newbie as well but I have learned so much.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Elaine, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums.

We all had to start somewhere; and as others have said, I just wish a forum like this existed when I got my start.

Feel free to post your specific questions in the various forum subjects we have here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought I would respond as I too come from a painting background. Examples are found at artshole.co.uk under paintings and under Rachel Grove.
I am keen to get cracking with t-shirt design. I am at the initial stages and am researching t-shirts and printing costs. I know that I prefer imagery that doesn't have a shiny surface. Is this heat pressing?
Excuse my lack of knowledge as aleady mentioned I am in the initial stages.
Cheers
I am now based in Australia.

·
Registered
16 Posts
EC...

YOu may want to check out....

[edit]website removed[/edit]

They make custom shirts real nice. WHolesale. Goof guys.

Tell them Vapor Sent you....

[edit]website removed[/edit]

They can show you what is possible. They work with many artists and still leave you money on the table. Not like others who over charge.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
ECarpio said:
Hi, I love fashion and I'm very interested in the custom t-shirt bussiness! but I don't know how to start, I am an artist (paint), but I'm somewhat lost!...So how's everyone doing!!!:) Elaine!
Hi Elaine,
I'm also an artist that started a t-shirt business.
In the beginning people really wanted what I had to offer (style wise),
but over the years it has become very corporate. I guess what I'm trying
to say is to think thru the direction you want to go in. To stay with your
own style and see where you end up or be willing to go the fixed logo
mentality.
Rich :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts