T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on this site and so far it seems great!

My wife and I have been doing dye sublimation for about 3 years on not only t-shirts, but other cool stuff as well. We really enjoy it (most days):rolleyes: and have learned a lot of things since we started.

I hope to learn even more here, and hopefully be able to share some of our experiences as well.

Talk to you all soon!

Rob Crumrine

·
Registered
90 Posts
WELCOME !!!

am a very new to this ! and would like to do t shirt printing ! but have been told that its not possible to print onto 100% cotton t shirts BUT have just had a reply ! and u can ! with eco film !! as the t shirts are ready to buy at good prices and quality !! i live in france and cannot find any thing here ! well not much anyway ! now to find a good CHEAP supplier of sublimation ink ! any ideas ?

Lynns:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lindsay,

It has been my experience that there is no such thing as inexpensive sublimation ink. That will not work on 100% cotton anyway.

There are papers that will work for cotton as a heat transfer, that is the image is printed onto special paper and then applied to the t-shirt using a heat press.

There are several companies here in the U.S. that sell these types of papers. Here are a few links to companies we use. Be aware though, that there are differences in the papers in what they can and can not do. Most of the companies do a fairly good job at describing the differences.

Here are the links:

Heat press reviews, heat transfer paper and more- to start a business
Sublimation Printing, Supplies, Inks, Tips and Tricks, CrystalMPrints, Transfer Paper, Heat Presses, Direct to Garment - Order Online!
Heat Transfer, Dye Sublimation and Engraving Equipment & Supplies Source
Specialty Graphics Supply offers vinyl cutters, heat presses, transfer sheets, sign and t-shirt vinyl and more

I hope these help!

Regards,

Rob Crumrine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lindsay,

A quick P.S.

The only process that requires the shirts to be polyester is sublimation. Any other transfer process can be done on cotton or polyester or a blend of the two. Some can also be done on nylon, Spandex, etc., but be careful of the temperatures you use for pressing the images on to the fabric as it may melt.

Rob Crumrine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Lindsay, I keep thinking of things after I post my message!

All of the other transfer processes can be done with a standard ink jet printer with regular ink. The only process that requires special ink is sublimation.

Hope this all helps.

Rob Crumrine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts