T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to go in to the T-shirt business. Just started a first name and birthday chronicle business but need something to go with it. Ok some of you pros out there :) I am totally confused as to what heat press to buy. Do some need air compressors? The more I read the more confused I become. I also want to incorporate mugs into the business at a later date. I just bought a 2600 laserjet color printer. Did I maybe throw my money away on this as it looks like I will need the epson sublimation for mugs. Any help totally appreciated. I want to purchase the press this week

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Good day Marilyn. I and many others use the Might Press. Mine is 15 x 15 and I Love it. I got it fro Coastal Business and they offer free shipping and their service is great. They also sell paper but I use theirs and Iron all From New Milford Photo. Color laser?? questionable. Why? Most and I would say 80% of people that work with transfers use epson as they use pigment ink which for transfer is the way to go. (also recommended by all the leading paper suppliers)
You can get sublimation paper from a lot of vendors also. I don't do mugs. If you call Kim at coastal tell her Lou Robin sent you.. She knows if she doesn't give someone I recommend great service I will be on her back.. Another recommendation is go out and get an c88 epson printer for 80 bucks. I am testing a ink for a company right now that is a lot cheaper than epson (1/2) inks at the store and If they do what I expect I will recommend it here on the forum. Lou Robin

·
Registered
255 Posts
MHolkham said:
Is a 15 by 15 press large enough to do xxxl?
Hello.:)

I have pressed 3x shirts just fine. It will depend on the size of your transfer. I was pressing a 10"x10" so, no problem there. Just have to make sure the shirt is centered correctly on the press.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good morning everyone. We decided to go with the Mighty Press 16 by 20 which I have ordered from Coastal. It wasn't the cheapest place but equaled out about the same because of the free shipping. We found them very helpful on the phone. We have also ordered some laser transfer paper, just curious in the difference between the laser and inkjet. Thanks all for your welcome and replies

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
According to this Imprintables Warehouse will (for forum members) do free shipping on the Phoenix, and beat competitors posted prices by 5% as well as free shipping on the Mighty... it seems to be somewhat of a secret though.

I'm not in the market for those supplies (or in the same country) so I haven't dealt with them before, but I do find it consistently strange that this doesn't get mentioned more often on the forums, since it seems like an example of a good company taking care of its customers.

(I assume that for self-promotion reasons Josh isn't allowed to talk about this, but I don't see that extending to us. Is it meant to be secret, or have people just not realised there's a good deal waiting right under their noses?)

·
Registered
417 Posts
According to this Imprintables Warehouse will (for forum members) do free shipping on the Phoenix, and beat competitors posted prices by 5% as well as free shipping on the Mighty... it seems to be somewhat of a secret though.
Wow,

And i have my eyes on a pheonix phire. Didn't see that offer around. Have to check it out

Anyway, I suggest you go with a machine that "automatically opens" when it's finished pressing the garment.

I've been heat pressing for years and never had this happen until last month. I was printing some shirts on my DTG Machine and the telephone rang (i work from home) and i went to answer it in another room.

I forgot i had the press down and after getting off the phone i went upstairs, stopped off and chatted with my daughter a few minutes, etc. and as i started back into room where my equipment is i heard the beeping of the press. WHen i opened the press my shirt was badly burnt (it was all brown) and the entire room filled with smoke.

Again i've never done that in all my years of pressing but i found that a quick distraction could happen and you forget you are pressing. We are in the market for a new press so I have my eyes on the pheonix phire because of the auto release feature. It's cheaper than buying a "automatic press" and compressor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts