T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I know nothing about airbrush art but I have a son who wants to learn airbrushing for T-Shirts, body art and other things. We are located in the Seattle area. Does anyone know where there might be classes offered in this? My understanding is it is not an easily acquired skill. He is a young adult and I don't mind paying for his classes/instructions but I want to make sure he gets instructions from a professional.

· Registered
1,619 Posts
If he is thinking of taking up airbrushing I would suggest you Get a subscription to Airbrush action magazine it is full of great resources. They have a section loaded with instructional videos. Back when I was learning I found the Videos far more inspirational than any class I ever took and I still refer back to them when I feel I need to brush up on my skills. They have Videos for every skill level and discipline. Just make sure he knows that it is one of the hardest skills he will ever try to master and it might be months or even years of boring practice, Cutting stencils and guides before he ever starts to produce any art. I would recommend A Vega 2000 airbrush or a Paasche VL for beginners they are cheap but work well, a good compressor and regulator are also a must.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.