T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a neat little forum... I'm sure I'll be browsing quite a bit as I am new to the shirt business.

I run a small sign company and have the capability to use thermoflex (anyone else work with it?) in my plotter for 1-off tees for myself and just for fun. If any of you have worked with it, you probably know it's not something you can comfortably sell as it reacts so differently on different materials.

We have almost-daily requests for screenprinted apparel, mostly by small new companies that we designed a logo for, and I've considered getting into screenprinting but I think I'd be in over my head.

There aren't any local screenprinting companies that I trust sending artwork to, as I know they'll either screw things up or not know what to do with it, period.

So I've been looking online and realized I can get pretty good prices if I just order the custom shirts online, but there are sooo many companies! What I'm looking for is a trustworthy, low-cost and quick online screenprinter. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hey there. Because there are so many "good" printers and many of our members are printers, we try to stay away from screen printer recommendation posts.

We don't allow self promotion or advertising in the forums, so these type posts can sort of entice people to want to promote their own interests (it's hard not too sometimes :))

Also, because there are a lot of different people reading the forums, you don't really know if the person recommending the printer actually works for the printer and is biased, or if they are giving a true recommendation.

I think it's best if you take into account what your requirements are, keep in mind some important questions you may have (normal turnaround time, artwork requirements, listing of fees), and maybe interview a few that you find online.

We're definitely here to help if you have specific questions about the t-shirt industry (what to look for in a printer, garment recommendations, setting up an online store, etc), but if you need a recommendation for a specific printer, you may want to try a posting in the "Sales Forums" at screenprinters.net:
http://boards.screenprinters.net/ (a great site with 1000's of professional screen printers ready to bid or answer questions).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link!

While I'm on the subject... can you recommend a good place to buy blank t-shirts? I use cheapestees.com right now. They're pretty quick but I'm wondering if there's anyone with a bigger selection at a lower price.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
If you have a resellers permit, you can buy directly from the big distributors like sanmar.com alphashirt.com, bodekandrhodes.com, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts