T-Shirt Forums banner

Hello All

307 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Bulldog5 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! My name is Mike and am just starting out with this. I have been reading these threads over the past few months and believe I will get some great information from all of you.
In time, I hope I can help too.

I have been working for a company that prints T's for the military. Actually, I still do. But want to try my hand with my own concepts. I've got the actual production stuff down. But marketing on-line is a black hole for me.
Was thinking of doing the Ebay store to begin with. It seems inexpensive and relatively simple to maintain.
Is there a good way, that won't cost a fortune, to market my site other than just having it listed on EBAY?

Thanks,
Mike

#7 ·
RAHchills said:
welcome Mike. Myspace seems to be pretty hot these days... and its free.
I'm also new to this and I'm trying to find an inexpensive online marketing option. I checked Myspace and it appeared to me that advertising started at 3k. I've never used Myspace before. Are you suggesting creating a Myspace account for my company?

Jason

#9 ·
setting up a page on myspace is free. then its all about putting yourself out in front of your target market and requesting their friendship.

once you have a list of friends, everytime you make an announcement it goes out to all of them. (whether they read it or not is a different story). You can also link to your webpage from your myspace page.

if its free, its for me. :)

#11 ·
There are also some very good ways you can run en eBay store and a website simultaneously using their API and / or RSS. This may all go over your head - but it's possible to maintain your website inventory right through eBay itself - as if it were magic. It's really useful if you are selling BIN products.

Then you can market yourself on eBay, build a strong customer base, good word of mouth, establish your brand and your website will market itself at the same time. If you dress up your actions in such a well to build your brand.

So without looking elsewhere you could actually achieve more out of eBay than the average seller does.

If you are looking for other inexpensive ways to market then you are going to want to have good search engine listings.

Then you have paid search. Advertising you pay for on Google (for example).
You could advertise on popular t-shirt websites as well.

People have mentioned myspace. I've done a fair bit of this myself.. it's okay but it does depend on your market and their disposable income. It's a very inexpensive way to reach your target market quick!

#12 ·
Thanks Adam,
This is what I had in mind. I am developing the website now and want it to work on Ebay and as an independent "store". My concepts, right now, are all over the place. I think once I identify WHO I want to sell to, I'll attack

Good stuff.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.