T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a newbee. I've had a homebased t- shirt and graphic business for around 5 years. I've just purchased a TJet Jumbo2 and will probably be asking a lot of questions of the forum and hope you will assist me. Thanks this seems like a great forum.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
What State are you in? I prefer screen printing over DTG, but have a great idea for DTG's. Also, if you need fast money, offer t-shirts to Non Profit Companies or Profit companies having events and sell advertising on the back. We put four spots on the back of a non profit organization and I think they charged $200 per square. Ours was free of course cause we printed the shirts. We also got paid for the t-shirts. Of course you can do this for DTG or regular screen printing.

Since you've been selling t-shirts from home already, I'm sure you will do well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been doing the thermo flex with a heat press and am in the process of getting the TJet shipped to me. Before I was sending out multicolored orders to have the printing done and I pressed them on the tee's. This is a whole new ball game for me I hope I can get everything setup on the TJet.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Good luck to you. Did Tjet come with classes? You might want to get a class from someone. They're good units, but you should not cut any ties with screen printers. If you get large orders, it's faster to have someone else do it, and save your tiime.

I don't know what size t-jet you got, but they can't print as fast as they advertise. None of the DTG's can, but they save cost and time on screens. You can be very creative and break into other industries.

Many people have bought platens and printed on Promotional items like gulf balls, paper, bottles, etc. etc. I don't know if the t-jet can do that, but it's worth a try.

Are you planning on buying a traditional screen printing machine? The cost is very low, and you can make alot of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts