T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new T-ShirtForums user here with a SpreadShirt transparency question.

I've got two png images that are green-on-transparent, and I'd like to print them on a black shirt. The only other transparency question I saw said that the design would show white where the transparency was, but that was in 2007. I'm seeing the correct design when I make the shirt on the website.

Will the transparency work as desired when the shirt ships?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, our site does support transparency, so a .png or .gif with transparency defined will upload and print correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Temple, you stated that "our site does support transparency, so a .png or .gif with transparency defined " , forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "transparency defined"? Is there something I have to write at the website to instruct, or is there a way I save my image to dictate it has a transparency? and are all .png's transparent? please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi MSW,

You would define the transparency within your file, yourself. Not every png or gif file is transparent, you must set this when creating the design. You can find some information on transparent backgrounds in this FAQ. If you search for the program you are using and transparency, then I am sure you will find some specifics for your program and how to create the transparent background.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts