T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forums and my brainchild is an infant in the clothing/fashion industry as well. The Company is called BelHeir™ Clothing Company, and was created on my 21st Birthday, when my trustfund matured and I was able to use it in investing in my future. Its been hard but an awesome experience... There's so much to learn and so much to do, it has been easy yet hard experience at the same time. Easy being I had the funds to do it and also, having the network of people to somewhat guide me through it. But, Im someone that tends to find out things on his/her own. I still have alot to learn bout this industry, its ever growing and constant demand for new apparel is a blessing/burden at the same time. My clothing company is a lifestyle brand, even though right now mainly alot of my products are High End TShirts, I would like to venture off into the world of actual Fashion Design. I just see alot of companies like Juicy Couture and other small boutique style metro brands around my area in California, that produce mens wear but ALOT OF IT IS REALLY FEM-GIRY-FLOWERY. I want to bring back the man in MAN. haha. Its been really wicked at the same time because I get a demand from the Female Population to produce stuff for girls, since pretty much all Girls are Daddies girls, if not Mommy Girls(i guess). They like the whole basis of the label being Exclusive Limited Prints/Availability and the Royalty/Spoiled/Elite Philosophy of the label. I've been able to debut my line at a close friend Haylie Duffs 21st Birthday party and currently will show off my line with YanaK at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Tonight... Its been an awesome experience but.. I want to use the new methods in printing like what Affliction Clothing and other companies do. But, still have yet to find out how the bloody hell they do it. Maybe I can get some help in this forum... The type of shirts I want to produce are the shirts that are thin, which I have shirts already at 4.3oz/yd2. But I want the image to seem like its apart of the tshirt, if anyone knows how to do that please let me know.....

Thank You For Your Help! Hope to make use of these forums...

Sincerely,
SpiceTV Heir
www.belheir.com
[email protected]
www.myspace.com/belheirclothing

http://myspace-905.vo.llnwd.net/00525/50/97/525737905_l.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm really digging your line its pretty much the same angle I want to approach the t-shirt biz. I also have a t-shirt line but I really just started so I don't have many designs. I want to do High end tee shirts as well, well best of Luck dude!! See you at the top.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
govtissues said:
Hi and welcome! Newbie here too, and I would love to know the retail price you are getting for your shirts, if you care to share.
Well, each shirt is printed with a serial number so the individual that purchases it can register the shirt on our website once we go public, right now the website is mainly for merchants and possible clients. So once someone buys the shirt they can register it and we'll have a list of shirt owners either private or public... but if we do an event and have say Jesse Metcalfe wear a shirt, we'll have the serial number and shirt design along with his name on the website in the list of tshirt owners. I even had printed up a BelHeir version of the Black Amex Express card... Oh and I retail my shirts for a starting MSRP Price of $67 for regular designs, $82+Foil Prints and 120+ for Foil w/ Swavorski Crystals. We even have a line of one print tshirts, that will never be printed again... So, its a good business plan/marketing scheme as well.. I' sell the 67 dollar shirts whole sale to exclusive and select merchants/retailers around 35... We plan on doing the same line but special prints for Barneys NEW YORK which will be priced higher.. But, I've got the buzz and the demand, now its just putting the shirts into the hands of the people that will buy them...

CHEERS

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
prodigy26 said:
I'm really digging your line its pretty much the same angle I want to approach the t-shirt biz. I also have a t-shirt line but I really just started so I don't have many designs. I want to do High end tee shirts as well, well best of Luck dude!! See you at the top.
THANKZ Thank you very Much!

·
Registered
9 Posts
BelHeirClothing said:
THANKZ Thank you very Much!
How long have you been in the biz? How did you come of with your marketing/promotions? And what direction would you like to take this? I went to the Magic Show out in Vegas about 2 years ago and thought about getting a booth there, have you been there? as you can see I have a thousand questions for you because like i said earlier, what your doing is where I want to take my biz ( thinking short term right now ) Eventually i would like to hook up with some fresh young designer to be part of my team and start designing Jeans.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
prodigy26 said:
How long have you been in the biz? How did you come of with your marketing/promotions? And what direction would you like to take this? I went to the Magic Show out in Vegas about 2 years ago and thought about getting a booth there, have you been there? as you can see I have a thousand questions for you because like i said earlier, what your doing is where I want to take my biz ( thinking short term right now ) Eventually i would like to hook up with some fresh young designer to be part of my team and start designing Jeans.

How long have I been in the biz?
Since December 3rd, 2005 on my 21st birthday when I decided to join most heir/trustfund kids with their own business..

How did you come of with your marketing/promotions?
See I'm a marketing person mainly so it all came easily. And I've helped out so many people in the past without asking for any type of credit/payment for the job. Now its like they are coming to me and asking me what I need and what they can do to help my line succeed. Its alot of blessings coming my way, I guess Kharma does work out in the end. I've hired a publicist and have teamed up with one of LA's Biggest Public Relations company since I went to school with the owners brother and have a friend that works within the company. We are hosting a private house for a-list male clientele and celebrities in June for the MTV Movie Awards. Also, having friends that are already in the industry has helped out. Having family thats in the entertainment/fashion industry has helped alot giving me a upper hand. Also, I have friends that are stylist to artists like PCD and others. So its really cool to see some of my stuff get pulled for music videos. I have more stuff than tshirts, we're doing a photoshoot on April8th so we can preview the line and possibly buy a spread in Details Magazine, which is one of my goals for the month of April.

About the MAGIC show in Las Vegas..
Yes I've been going the past two years and finally decided to create my own line. This year I got sent out with a production team from MTV cause they wanted to shoot a pilot of an heir and surviving on his own type of bs.. I hate Reality Though... But It would be some good exposure for the line... You will definately see me at Magic next year as a Exhibitor.. Hope to see you around...

With hiring or bringing on a designer,
Being in the Los Angeles area I was able to tap into the Fashion Institute of Design and Merch, to talk with some upcoming designers/student to see if they would fit into the company. I actually came across an old classmate who was taking classes there so I've picked him up as a freelance designer for the company and a consultant for the line, since he's already working at a major label.

With the industry you want to get into, you must offer the higest quality shirts, the way you print the apparel and the way you get clientele/individuals to buy into your cult.

Just like my friend, who owns the BAPE line, he screens everyone that buys the clothing, its a super exclusive line, which i kinda of want to do, but for me I like dressing people and knowing its my sense of style and taste that are on their epidermis....

Hope that answers ur questions...
Cheers and Best Wishes in 2006

1 - 7 of 7 Posts