T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea to heat press Plastisol transfer (white image/text) on top of either black vinyl (probably Thermoflex).

Or Plastisol (white) on top of black image printed using pigment inks/transjetII or magic jet II paper.

Has anyone done this?

Here's my reasoning...getting outsourced Plastisol with the oversized black background may cost too much (I'm talking 24 to 28 inches).

Thanks in advance and hoping someone has experimented already with heatpressing one medium (Plastisol) over another (pignment transfer).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Suzieh,

was reading some of your old threads and was wondering what equipment did u end up getting?
i'm thinking of getting the epson r1800 because it uses the pigment ink

what do u think

cheers
Debbie

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to update my experiments here so thanks for bumping. I do not have any Plastisol on hand to do so right now.

We're getting ready to order custom Plastisol transfers.

FYI...dowlinggraphics.com in Florida will do oversized Plastisol. I can gang images. There are higher minimums and also charges for films and screens.
They have half off right now for I think the film?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Debbie, I answered you off-list as I wanted to stick to topic posted about Plastisol on heat transfer papers or vinyl. Susan

debbiebelle said:
Hey Suzieh,

was reading some of your old threads and was wondering what equipment did u end up getting?
i'm thinking of getting the epson r1800 because it uses the pigment ink

what do u think

cheers
Debbie

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi Suzie,

Most places will send you some sample plastisol transfers for free if you ask them. The ones I got were from some of the past jobs that they did, so you can practice with those before you waist any transfers you that you order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts