T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to intro myself:p . My name is Beverly and I currently own a embroidery business. I want to offer more options to my customers and have been investigating different options. I have a heat press, Epson CX3810 with durabrite inks. My questions are a few, 1st hows do the designs hold up to washing and how do you guys base your pricing (I won't hold you to it)?

Lastly, I'm not that computer savy unless it's regarding embroidery software. I have a customer that I designed a logo for, is there a way to covert a embroidery image into something I could use to produce a transfer? I also don't know what software would be best for entry level people. I have Adobe Photoshop is that good? I dont know how to use it :confused:
I know that this is a lot of questions and I really would appreciate any assistance :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hi Beverly,

bevshobby said:
1st hows do the designs hold up to washing and how do you guys base your pricing (I won't hold you to it)
My tranfers have held up really well. When I made my first shirt back in October of 2005 I used a hand iron. That shirt has been through the wash at least 45 times so far. Although it has faded a little, the design still looks great and is very clear.

As far as pricing, each person and area will differ I'm sure. I charge 14.95 for t-shirts and 19.95 for sweatshirts.

Hope this little bit of info helps.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bev, do you mean a design that you have the embroidery file for? or do you mean scanning in the design after it's been put on a garment/product?
now if you have the original artwork you designed then that will be easy to do, if you designed it directly in the software then it is going to depend on the program.
Some emboidery software actually saves both, the original drawn design as a graphics file and then either allows you to trace and digitize by hand in the software or auto-traces/digitizes it into a stitch based embroidery file.
I can't remember but I believe there are some embroidery formats that are a hybrid and store both a graphics version of the design and a stitch version of it in the same file but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good morning Beverly,
For the DuraBrite inks you MAY see a color shift in the browns, grays and some blacks to a greenish color when heat pressed. IF you do, put the settings below in your printer and it should eliminate the color shift. I use the Magic Jet paper from www.personalizedsupplies.com and have done over 12,000 transfers with it with no problems. Here are the settings. Have a BLESSED day.

-15 Yellow
+5 Magenta
+5 Cyan

God Bless You
Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts