T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok screeners, I only use heat transfers but I am wondering what would the cost of tee shirts (gildan 6.1 oz) cost using say 3 colors for 36 tees med to xl. I don't know a thing about screening and don't have the money to go that direction. But am curious as to price difference. By the way only sell wholesale. So I have to keep the cost low. Lou

·
Registered
117 Posts
badalou said:
Ok screeners, I only use heat transfers but I am wondering what would the cost of tee shirts (gildan 6.1 oz) cost using say 3 colors for 36 tees med to xl. I don't know a thing about screening and don't have the money to go that direction. But am curious as to price difference. By the way only sell wholesale. So I have to keep the cost low. Lou
ur probably looking at about 5-6 a tshirt, they usually charge anywhere from .75 - 1.00 per color and 6.10z shirts should run you any where from 2.00-3.50 a shirt, when i buy american apparel from my screener i get charged bout 5bucks a shirt and we're working out on color since im supplying him with the inks and stuff... and i dont get charge setup fees. i do the color seperation and prep the stuff for him and he just prints the shirts.. which is cool..
cheers

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well, since I screen print, I'll chime in here.

I'd be at about $8.25 each if I supplied the shirts (gildan 2000 6.1 oz Cotton). If the shirts were supplied to me, I'd charge $4 per print. So you can see that we usually mark the shirt up quite a bit when we get them.

If you can set-up a relationship with an apparel supplier (maybe you already have), you'd be better off. You can get the Gildans for about $2 each that way.

The other option you have is to have a screen printer print plastisol transfers and then heat press them yourself as you need them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
neato said:
Well, since I screen print, I'll chime in here.

I'd be at about $8.25 each if I supplied the shirts (gildan 2000 6.1 oz Cotton). If the shirts were supplied to me, I'd charge $4 per print. So you can see that we usually mark the shirt up quite a bit when we get them.

If you can set-up a relationship with an apparel supplier (maybe you already have), you'd be better off. You can get the Gildans for about $2 each that way.

The other option you have is to have a screen printer print plastisol transfers and then heat press them yourself as you need them.
Ya... that's pretty close for a one-side print.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts