T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

im new to this t shirt stuff but im still stuck on a few things. if anyone could help please just post on here.

basiclly ive made t shirts before jus for myself by printing from a computer onto A4 transfer paper. i then cut it out using sissors. i was wondering how i could get them cut out with a more professional finish? is there a peice of equiptment that can do this for me?

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
A vinyl cutter with an optic eye is your solution to contour cutting inkjet transfers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that help can anyone help me with prices and sort of places to buy them from ?

thanks alot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another question sorry is that can you buy a vinyl cutter that prints aswell? also what type of vinyl would i buy.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Roland and Graphtec are the two most popular ones. They come in either 15" or 24" wide and cost from $300 up. Look at the preferred vendors list on the left and let your fingers do the walking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
there are most certainly printer/cutter hybrid units. These units are very versatile machines that allow you to produce full color transfers as well as full color decals, banners, posters, wall graphics, vehicle graphics, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the most popular printer/cutter is the Roland Versacamm and the mimaki being another popular unit.

the material that you would use would all depend on the application.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
say i was using heat transfer vinyl? what would you recommend the application and cutter i would use.

·
Registered
242 Posts
with heat transfer vinyl, you can buy a cutter without an optical eye. But if you plan to or in the future, plan to print (with your normal office printer) and then cut with your cutter, you would need one with an optical eye.

A very popular beginner vinyl cutter with an optical eye is the Roland GX24.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello,

I am a newbie as well that hasn't purchased a cutter yet. I read in a thread the the USCutter MH-721 would do contour cutting. Is this good information?

I had decided on buying that one until I read this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Hello,

I am a newbie as well that hasn't purchased a cutter yet. I read in a thread the the USCutter MH-721 would do contour cutting. Is this good information?

I had decided on buying that one until I read this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:
The only Us Cutter machine that I know of that would contour cut is the Laserpoint 24. This cutter as well as the MH721 does not have an optic eye.

On the Laserpoint you would manually line up the laser (which is next to the blade holder) with your crop marks. The MH721 does not have a laser, so contour cutting would be more difficult.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts