T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased inkflex dark inkjet transfer paper for dark shirts. I was told by the sales rep that the feel is just as good as the jetpro soft stretch is for white shirts.

This coudnt be further from the truth! The feel of the transfer is like plastic or pleather, It feels horrible, I woudnt not want to wear this shirt. it looks tacky and feels horrible.

Does anyone know of heat transfer for dark colors that is as good as the jpss is for the white shirts?

God i love jpss transfers but wish they made them for black Shirts as well!

· Registered
37 Posts
I'd love to find out the answer to this too. I used the JPSS dark shirt transfer just today and my main complaint is that it transfers the backing along with the printed graphics. In my case, I had text, so it came out as a big white rectangle with the words on it - looked like one of those Hello, My Name Is... name tags.

If I could somehow remove the excess backing from around my text/art, the JPSS dark transfers would be fine. Unfortunately I don't know how I'd go about doing that other than using an Xacto knife and blocking off entire days to tediously trim the transfers by hand.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

· Registered
501 Posts
I'd love to find out the answer to this too. I used the JPSS dark shirt transfer just today and my main complaint is that it transfers the backing along with the printed graphics. In my case, I had text, so it came out as a big white rectangle with the words on it - looked like one of those Hello, My Name Is... name tags.

If I could somehow remove the excess backing from around my text/art, the JPSS dark transfers would be fine. Unfortunately I don't know how I'd go about doing that other than using an Xacto knife and blocking off entire days to tediously trim the transfers by hand.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
That's why there are vinyl cutters & the print & cut function.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.