T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the epson 1400, and the heat press machine came with 10 sheets of transfer paper, i tried to test them out by printing a design on them and pressing it to a shirt and it didnt work, what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
you do know the 1400 comes with Claria ink which is NOT pigmented...it is somewhat better that dye which washes out...Claria is listed as water resistant...never used mine...except for sublimation ink..some on the forum have used claria with JPSS paper...with good results.

before we can offer any suggestions...we need to know
paper brand
temp used
pressure used
time pressed.

all the above must mesh to work...

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Jay,

I think I'd scrap this unknown paper and just start right off with the good stuff. Why waste your time? You may be disappointed with this paper, but if you go right for the good stuff, you'll start off with great results that will be very encouraging, and it is also hard to diagnose problems with papers sometimes, if you can't tell what paper it is... sometimes. :)

A few helpful hints are:

You need to use 100% cotton or 50/50 blend shirts with this process.

Jetprosofstretch for lights/whites is an excellent paper. --> you can google suppliers they will all come up, and I can say tshirtsupplies.com has great prices, as well as new milford photo.

Print mirrored image, press at 375* for 30 seconds, hot peel, stretch the shirt, repress with teflon or parchment paper. If that doesn't work for you, I'd be surprised.

Here is a post to more details on how to heat press step by step. Maybe reading this will help you figure out what went wrong with this paper.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/inkjet-heat-transfer-paper/t39007.html#post229735

Good luck to you....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the problem was that it didnt transfer at all. What i did was print (epson 1400 claria ink) a design on the paper that came with the heat press machine, and then i pressed it with about 380 degrees for 8 seconds and then i tried 350 for 30 seconds, no results! They said it was inkjet transfer paper, i dont know what went wrong. it also said it was good for nylon T-shirts. what do you think?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
claria ink is just fine btw... don't listen to others who say it's no good..
It is an opinion, he can listen. Proven ink is pigment. Clair is new and still needs proving on some type of papers. yes it works well with JPSS. However JPSS has great color fastness. You may see some wash out over a period of time on other papers.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
the problem was that it didnt transfer at all. What i did was print (epson 1400 claria ink) a design on the paper that came with the heat press machine, and then i pressed it with about 380 degrees for 8 seconds and then i tried 350 for 30 seconds, no results! They said it was inkjet transfer paper, i dont know what went wrong. it also said it was good for nylon T-shirts. what do you think?

Maybe try with a cotton shirt and see if your results are any better. If you try it, will you let us know? Go for the 350* for 20-30 seconds, that's pretty common ground setting for heat transfers. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
May sound stupid but, did you print on the transfer side of the paper? If you did you should have got something.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
May sound stupid but, did you print on the transfer side of the paper? If you did you should have got something.
Sounds stupid, but not a stupid question. I've done that, sent the paper thru the printer backwards. :rolleyes: It never dried, so that was my first clue.

Scratching the surface of the paper with a fingernail helps figure it out if it's confusing.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Sounds stupid, but not a stupid question. I've done that, sent the paper thru the printer backwards. :rolleyes: It never dried, so that was my first clue.

Scratching the surface of the paper with a fingernail helps figure it out if it's confusing.
lets see I have done that... mmmm 5 no, maybe 6 OK , OK.. a heck of a lot. Comes from doing to many thing at one time. Wish all paper was marked on back.. Lou

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.