T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to heat press (digital imprinting) on white visor. The blank ink is smearing? Does anyone know why?

Thank you,
Kathleen

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of transfer are you using?
I am using Everlast inkjet transfer paper and I am taping down sides and top and bottom. It seems that the ink is spreading or seeping into the surrounding area of the logo. The ink is fully dried before I put it under the heat press and I don't believe it is slipping?

Any suggestions?

Thank you for all your help and advise anyone can give me.

Kathleen

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The material is 100% cotton and I pre-press 5 seconds, 2 colors. What is jpss paper?
Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate everyone taking time out of their busy days to help me. This place is a god sent.
Kathleen

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the visor have stitching.
The visor is a Sportsman white 100% cotton visor. no extra stitch where I'm applying transfer. I've tried lowering and highering the logo on the visor to see if placement had anything to do with bleeding ink, but it still does it no matter where I put logo.
Any suggestions.
Kathleen

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would think placement should not affect the transfer as long as you can get the heat platen over the transfer. JPSS is short fot JET PRO SOFT STRETCH a brand of HT paper that works great. ... JB

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
If the paper is working properly then the only things I can think of are the press being too hot or somehow you're getting a little slippage during the press.

How much heat and pressure are you using? Have you tried pressing on an old t-shirt to see what happens?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The heat is set on 350 for 22 seconds. Works great on shirts. I am at a total loss of what I am doing wrong.
Kathleen

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much for helping me - I will up the temp and dwell time. I'll write and tell ya how it worked.

Kathleen

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Well at 350 you're not too hot. I would try cranking it up to 385 and see what happens. It could be the ink is warming up and having time to migrate before it gets hot enough to set.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
are you using a hat press....if not you will not have great success with a normal flat press because of the shape of the visor...will not flatten as you would want

1 - 14 of 14 Posts