T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me out what is the best vinyl to do cotton poly tshirts, flex flock or pu open for suggestions

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Either one will work well. It all depends on what type of effect you are trying to accomplish. The flock is a heavier, raised material, so you have to consider if you want that heavy vinyl on a t-shirt, but again, it just depends on what your final goal is. If you are just doing normal everyday type of t-shirts, I would go with the pv vinyl because it is more economical and you can get more colors. If it's something special, then do the flock, or try one of the other specialty vinyls. I love the Alloy from Imprintables Warehouse. It's metallic, but it's soft and stretches.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Most of the new heat applied vinyls coming to the market are PU now. Flock is popular in Europe, but is beginning to gain ground in the US.

As far as Flex goes, that is a brand of heat applied vinyl.

There are many films that would work well on a cotton/poly shirt. Look on the preferred vendors to the left and start surfing! :D

I will advise you to not use a super thin film on a cotton or cotton/poly. There is a chance that the film will wrinkle up as the cotton in the shirt shrinks. Thicker films do not do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts