T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I hope I phrase this well enough to be understood.
I have a brand new 16x20 Maxx Heat Press.
I have not even plugged it in yet but am now buying transfer sheets.
Given most transfer sheets seem to be 8.5x11, how can I do larger graphics? I see a few sheets that say 11x17 but I see most printers are 8.5x11 and yet most desgins I see are larger. Can anyone make sense out of this for me? Do I need more than just my Epson Printer??? Thanks for any explanations!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Most inkjet printers either print 8 1/2 X 11(standard) or 11 X 17(landscape). Allot of them also take both sizes.

For Inkjet transfers you will be limited to one of those two sizes.

If you need to go larger, you would need to look into a custom transfer. There are many vendors on the left that provide this service.

Also, these are not like the Inkjet transfers. These transfers are the result of a design being screenprinted and semi cured on paper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much Nick! I guess I should have realized that limitation but will work with what I have...though not sure I really needed the 16x20 press now. But thanks for the info.

Most inkjet printers either print 8 1/2 X 11(standard) or 11 X 17(landscape). Allot of them also take both sizes.

For Inkjet transfers you will be limited to one of those two sizes.

If you need to go larger, you would need to look into a custom transfer. There are many vendors on the left that provide this service.

Also, these are not like the Inkjet transfers. These transfers are the result of a design being screenprinted and semi cured on paper.

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
Thanks very much Nick! I guess I should have realized that limitation but will work with what I have...though not sure I really needed the 16x20 press now. But thanks for the info.
You made the right choice. Had you purchased a smaller one, you would have gotten a job requiring a larger one. That's how things work. :)

Remember too, even if your printer can only do 8 1/2 X 11, depending on the artwork you can press more than one transfer at a time to get larger images.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh goodness, you are right! I told you I am a newbie! Thanks so much again, I feel better about it now :)

You made the right choice. Had you purchased a smaller one, you would have gotten a job requiring a larger one. That's how things work. :)

Remember too, even if your printer can only do 8 1/2 X 11, depending on the artwork you can press more than one transfer at a time to get larger images.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts