T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one heat press puzzles. I have 2 clients interested now. Where and any problems with doing them. Any one know where I can get them on the west coast.:) yes even I don't know everything...:eek:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Re: Puzzels.

We used to sell puzzles, they had to be sublimated or heat transfered with a color laser copier paper for hard surfaces. They were somewhat successful and customers liked them, but we dropped them when we quit carrying dye-sub inks and printers a few years back. The only company that I know that sells them is Paramount Services from FL.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Re: Puzzels.

I think conde.com might sell puzzles as well, but I think they are fore dye-sub only?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Puzzles

Hi Badalou,

Wondering if you ever found a good transfer paper distributer for the puzzles. My 12yr old son started a t-shirt business with his cartoon strip and has also received some requests for puzzles and bumber stickers. Do you heat press puzzles like the t-shirts?

LydKid

·
Registered
462 Posts

Hey Lou, it's an HONOR to serve you for once! :D

I've done two puzzles so far (yeah, big deal, I know...) They both came out great!

I original bought mine from printonit.com -- it was a 30 piece puzzle, 7.5" x 9.5" The kit of 2 puzzles with 2 sheets of transfer paper was $6.99, which is actually pretty cheap, but you can also just buy the puzzle (no transfer sheets) 25 for $59.99. You can also get puzzles from:

Coastal - $2.50 ea.
Bestblanks - $4.25 ea.
lawsone-store.com - $19.50 for 10 pack

Hope that helps, my friend!
Melissa

·
Registered
232 Posts

I've done puzzles too. The only part you have to make sure you do correctly is the size, just a little bit bigger than the size of the puzzle, and all will be good.

Lore

·
Registered
232 Posts

OH! I forgot to say where I got them...

I got them from Coastal Business supply ... or what I call them... Coastal Biz. :)

Lore

·
Registered
53 Posts

I've done mouse pads using both dye sub and light transfer paper. With dye sub, I don't trim anything. With transfer paper, I trim the edges after pressing. A mouse pad is about the same size as most puzzles. If you use transfer paper to press onto the puzzle, how do you trim the individual pieces of the puzzle? That's the piece of the puzzle that I have to uncover (no pun intended).

·
Registered
462 Posts

I've done mouse pads using both dye sub and light transfer paper. With transfer paper, I trim the edges after pressing. A mouse pad is about the same size as most puzzles. If you use transfer paper to press onto the puzzle, how do you trim the individual pieces of the puzzle? That's the piece of the puzzle that I have to uncover (no pun intended).
Vinny, this is what I do. Create the design 1/4" bigger than the puzzle or mousepad. You can trim it to make positioning easier, or just leave the whole sheet -- it's up to you. Press - the excess peels away with the backing paper when peeled. There is NO need to trim after pressing.

After pressing, the transfer paper bonds to the puzzle, and the puzzle pieces should easily separate from each other. I like to leave most of the puzzle whole so the design can be seen, but sometimes remove one or two, and have them floating around in the gift box -- just so it's apparent that it's a puzzle.

These puzzles went over great with my customers, and I will be using them as party favors for my daughter's 5th birthday in March!

Melissa

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts

Vinny, this is what I do. Create the design 1/4" bigger than the puzzle or mousepad. You can trim it to make positioning easier, or just leave the whole sheet -- it's up to you. Press - the excess peels away with the backing paper when peeled. There is NO need to trim after pressing.

After pressing, the transfer paper bonds to the puzzle, and the puzzle pieces should easily separate from each other. I like to leave most of the puzzle whole so the design can be seen, but sometimes remove one or two, and have them floating around in the gift box -- just so it's apparent that it's a puzzle.

These puzzles went over great with my customers, and I will be using them as party favors for my daughter's 5th birthday in March!

Melissa
Hi Melissa,

Where do you normally buy your puzzles now?

Thanks,
Kelly:)

·
Registered
462 Posts

Hi Kelly!

I haven't ordered any as of yet -- just didn't get around to it with the holidays and all. But, after weighing the pricing options, I think I'm just going to order them from printonit.com again. The cheapest price for the puzzle alone was from Coastal at $2.50 each, plus add the price of transfer paper and the price goes up. For $6.99 at printonit.com, I get two puzzles and two transfers so it's $3.50 each and I don't have to worry about getting paper (since I don't think I could use IronAll b/c it stretches...) and paying more S&H fees.

For the bday party, I'll probably buy the 25 puzzles for $60 and get the paper from them too (forgot how much their paper is). It worked great before so...

I'll PM you before I leave work.

Melissa

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts

Is this for inkjet or sublimation puzzles?

Melissa and I both have the c88+ inkjets with pigment ink, I am still using original, but Melissa is changing her ink to a bulk system. Her ink is still pigment type, but I can't recall the brand off the top of my head. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts

Melissa
I usuallu use Ironall for my shirts but also thought that that type of transfer may not be good for puzzles because it stretches. What type of transfer paper did you use? Which is best for puzzles?

Lyd

1 - 20 of 49 Posts