T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys quick question. I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I am about to press some heat transfers on Foam trucker hats and was wondering if you can help me out with the settings I should use. I searched the forums and this is what I have found:

325 at 20 seconds
340-360 for 6 - 10 seconds

Also how much pressure should I add so that the press does not leave a an indent in the foam hat or is there something i can put over so the outline of the cap press is not indented into the foam when I press it.

Thanks for your input in advance!

Raf

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of your settings will depend on your transfers.....I have some meant for polyester that press at 325 for 7 seconds....Where did the transfers come from and what does the supplier recommend?

Its the Thermo Flex Plus Neon

they are saying 330°F - 335°F 17 - 20 seconds...

I am wondering if that might be to long ..

·
Registered
16 Posts
you'll have to play around with the pressure setting and see how 'light' you can get it, and still have the vinyl stick. i've done a lot of them, and it's almost impossible to get zero indentation since the vinyl requires a bit of pressure to work...however it does seem to lessen a lot after they are worn (and washed).
regarding placement, i usually just eyeball it with centre line, then I use an extra piece of the clear sticky backing from the vinyl to hold it in place

1 - 12 of 12 Posts