T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone would know but i thought id at least ask..
I was wondering if I purchase the heat transfer material, would I be able to iron it onto a tee and not have it come off after a few washes? I have a couple of customers that are interested in ordering a couple shirts and its really not enough for me to go out and buy the heatpress so I wanted to know if just buying the heat transfer matrial and doing the iron on thing would be okay...(Im not trying to give my customers cheap material, so I want to make sure before.)

Also since Im on the subject, would anyone know where I can get wholesale tee shirts and
whats a good inexpensive brand/where would i be able to get it for a good price.

·
Registered
996 Posts
First...If your not running as a business and have a resale number from your state, your best bet is to purchase from Walmart or the Dollar store. You can't purchase from a wholesaler.

As far as the transfers go, you can take a shot but without a press you can't control the temp and pressure necessary for a good transfer. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First...If your not running as a business and have a resale number from your state, your best bet is to purchase from Walmart or the Dollar store. You can't purchase from a wholesaler.

As far as the transfers go, you can take a shot but without a press you can't control the temp and pressure necessary for a good transfer. Good luck.
I do have a business in printing but I really dont get shirt orders so thats the reason I havent purchased a heatpress yet. (and I really dont get much orders so I have no reason to get one as of now) So purchasing the heat transfer material isnt a problem.

Now since youre saying its comparable to buying material at a walmart and ironing it on, then I am familiar with the turnout (dosent last through the first wash)
SO my question now is- is there a place I can get them at so I can outsource them for a good price? Like I said, I dont get too many ppl interested in custom tees, but Id like to be able to help these people and not have to turn them away.. thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
See if there is anyone in your area that does DTG. This is your best bet for short runs with custom pictures and the like. May not be cheap but you can at least keep your customers happy. They can give you choices on garments and colors.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Great advice Nick, the shop up the street from me does that. People will bring in their shirts and heat transfers and he charge them a small fee to press them on for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts