T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a difficult time getting what I want out of the heat transfers......currently I'm using the transjet II an epson printer and hix press with the durabrite inks.

I've washed a couple of my shirts 2 or 3 times and the transfers look like they're fading. Any clear areas turn an ugly yellow color. I've been trying to see how they would stand up in the economy washers and dryers in the laundromat down the street (of course that's really my only option), but I'm disappointed they don't hold up a little bit better.

I've tried tons of settings 375 degrees at 13-15 seconds, 375 at 16-20 seconds 400 at 20-25 seconds. The pressure on the press is as far as it will go without damaging it. I've just invested in the majicmix inks to see if they'll last longer but I haven't received them yet. In the meantime, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I have a couple that I've sent through the wash many times that have had no problems whatsoever. I didn't use any special care instructions or anything either; hot water, not inside out, etc. The only problem i've really had so far is my used press wasn't giving even pressure, so some that I've tried didn't have enough pressure to transfer correctly. Right now I'm using a big sweatshirt over the press, between the bottom platen and the shirt, and I'm going for about 20 seconds instead of 15 and it seems to be working just fine.

Are the ladies' style shirts you are using ribbed? That might cause problems... non-ribbed styles should not AFAIK... If you're still having trouble, ask over at the HTFDP board and see if they have any further advice since so many of them are using the MJ+MM or MJ+Durabrite.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm using pretty much the same set up as you, TJII paper, Epson printer, and Hix press. I have tees that I have washed several times and haven't noticed any fading, or discoloring of the clear areas. I'm going 375 degrees for 20 seconds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts