T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing sublimation printing for a while using an Epson R1800.

I now have need to do a batch of cotton and was going to use heat KissCut transfer paper and I am not convinced one way or the other to go with Dye base ink or Pigment based ink obviously the latter is twice the cost but is it worth it.

Is there any visible/technical benefit one way or the other. I presume that the Dye type ink may fade due to washing a bit quicker but how long before the customer would notice the difference.

Your experiences would be much appreciated in helping me decide.

Regards Arf

· Registered
1,967 Posts
Been doing sublimation printing for a while using an Epson R1800.

I now have need to do a batch of cotton and was going to use heat KissCut transfer paper and I am not convinced one way or the other to go with Dye base ink or Pigment based ink obviously the latter is twice the cost but is it worth it.

Is there any visible/technical benefit one way or the other. I presume that the Dye type ink may fade due to washing a bit quicker but how long before the customer would notice the difference.

Your experiences would be much appreciated in helping me decide.

Regards Arf
If you use dye-based it'll completely was out. For transfers of any kind you must use pigmented ink no matter what type of shirt you're using. I'd recommended washing in cold water also. If it happens to be a white shirt, don't use bleach when washing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.