T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting into heat transfer for t-shirts.
I have a HP Photosmart and was wondering if the ink from that will hold up and make excellent quality transfer. Also what type of paper should I use, and is there paper that will not have the "goo" from the paper transfer onto the t-shirt were there is no design? Or do I have to manually cut around the design before transfer?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's a good website to visit - transferbusiness.com - They have a lot of resources. I use their products and have been pleased with them. Unfortunately I have yet to see a transfer paper that doesn't have the "goo" as you put it. So you will have to cut around the design. However, depending on how much volume you intend to do, you might want to look into a desktop cutter to do that part for you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am thinking about getting into heat transfer for t-shirts.
I have a HP Photosmart and was wondering if the ink from that will hold up and make excellent quality transfer. Also what type of paper should I use, and is there paper that will not have the "goo" from the paper transfer onto the t-shirt were there is no design? Or do I have to manually cut around the design before transfer?

you should start here Dark Opaque Transfer Paper Review:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Your printer will work fine on ink-jet heat transfer. I recommend the Jet-Pro Sofstretch for light shirts and the JetWear Dark ( Neenah name-Jet-Pro Opaque) for dark shirts. Both products are made by Neenah Paper and sold through distributors and on various dealer websites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts