T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the whole heat transfer business and I was wondering if it is possible to make the heat transfers look close to screen printing? (The shirts I have done feel and look like they have some type of big badge on them instead of look of being into the material.) If any Ideas please let me know. Right now I have a HP PSC with regular ink and use the transfer paper from RPL supplies. The images also appear to be fading, cracking, and bleeding after the 1st wash. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you use Transjet II transfer paper for white or light t-shirts you will get close to screen printing. It sounds like you've used opaque transfer paper for dark shirts and it's not the same thing.

I get my papers from TLM Supply House and I'm both satisfied with the product itself and the service they offer. I dunno what kind of paper RPL offers but if you're not satisfied you can always try TLM. You should also consider getting some pigmented inks. Try searching the forums for transfer paper. There have been several discussions on this issue before where you can find lots of good info.
Good luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Also, make sure you are trimming around your design or text. Do not press the entire sheet of paper!!!! I did it just to see what it would look and feel like, Felt like i was walking around with a piece of cardboard on my chest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts