T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through this thread over the years and most recently over the past few months. Like many, I've stumbled over pricing. I recently have a 230 shirt order (long and short sleeve) shirts. Its a 3-color print on back only. Sizes range from med to 3xl in both l/s and s/s shirts. Thankfully its a large order and the transfer cost $1.49 each. Shirt costs range from $2.60 to $6.61. Based on what I understand....I charge cost of the shirt + cost of the transfer and double that total? Also factoring in s/h and my time.
Is that correct?

· Registered
48 Posts
I've searched through this thread over the years and most recently over the past few months. Like many, I've stumbled over pricing. I recently have a 230 shirt order (long and short sleeve) shirts. Its a 3-color print on back only. Sizes range from med to 3xl in both l/s and s/s shirts. Thankfully its a large order and the transfer cost $1.49 each. Shirt costs range from $2.60 to $6.61. Based on what I understand....I charge cost of the shirt + cost of the transfer and double that total? Also factoring in s/h and my time.
Is that correct?

I like that formula. Of course, I'm in a small town, and we can't charge as much as in a big city!

Also, (I'm assuming you DID), did you factor in a cost for EACH COLOR - or is that figured in the transfer price from the co. doing them for you?

We recently did 230 shirts (m/l) for a VBS job....from Toddler sizes to 4XL adult. One color, two sides. Total charged: $1680.

· Registered
10,342 Posts
We recently did an order with one color, 2 sides for 59 shirts, long sleeve. They gave us 5 days to do the artwork, get the shirts, print them and have them come pick up.

We charged $17 each.

· Registered
1 Posts
I tried to calculate how much the cost of buying shirts comes out and their future price. Thus, I got from $ 4.09-8.1 costs and a price from $ 8.18-16.2. In my city, the minimum shirt price is $ 26.40, so you can raise the prices to earn more. Some stores increase the cost by 200% and people buy clothes there anyway. In order not to risk it, try using the government factoring service. You will be able to get funding to buy the required batch of goods and experiment with prices. Thus, you will understand what price will be the most relevant and beneficial for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.