T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I own a Epson Inkjet L3110 Printer and i use SpotLine transfer paper for it. I do own a heat press too.

So I think i have all the neccesary things to start heat trasnfering, but it dosen`t seem like it.

I use the orignal Epson Inkjet dyes to do the transfer, i have done a lot of research and it seems that it shold work just fine, but dosen`t. After the wash the paper is still on the hoodie, put the whole dye is gone,leaving just the white silhouette alone.

Please give me some answers. Thanks. If more info are requied to get me out of troubles, please ask.
Thx u guys so much!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please post pictures. Also, post instructions you have for Spotline paper. I can't find any information on it.
The first page is in my language, Romanian. Thx so much for the help men

Attachments

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The labeling used in these papers is misleading.
The stock dyes used in most low cost paper printers are water soluble and will simply not survive the wash.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Looks like a home/hobby paper, not a pro use transfer paper.
Pigment ink is better than dye ink because less of it will wash out (when using good paper - it'll make very little difference on cheap paper).
If the paper is no good then whatever you do won't make much difference. You could try leaving the print overnight before pressing (in a dry room, away from damp or humidity). Leave for 24hrs before the first wash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Using pigment ink will fix the washability problem.
This is the type of ink that i`m using now, the ink that came with the L3110 Ecotank Epson Printer. I can`t find any infos about what type of ink this is, i guess is not pigment, right ? Also, do you know the best pigment ink out there for heat transfers? Thx !

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
This is the type of ink that i`m using now, the ink that came with the L3110 Ecotank Epson Printer. I can`t find any infos about what type of ink this is, i guess is not pigment, right ? Also, do you know the best pigment ink out there for heat transfers? Thx !
Yep...water soluble dye. not good!
I don't know about Romania, but you could just buy this... I'm sure they can deliver to Romania.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Epson 113 ink is pigment ink.
This is true.
It's probably the same or similar to the well known DuraBrite ink, and should work in the L3110.
Only one way to find out.

I have done a print on a t-shirt and this happend !.. The T-shirt (100% cotton) was very very strechy tho, is that the reason?
Probably not... but my experience with dark inkjet transfers is limited.
I know more about ink and light transfers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.