T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use this stuff? In the "I made that" book they mention using it to help line up your designs. I don't typically have any trouble lining up the designs, but it can take much longer getting a design lined up than I would care to spend (a bit of a perfectionist, as I'm sure we all are).

We just got a mannequin yesterday, and I figure it would be so much quicker to just put the shirt on the mannequin and tape the display to the shirt (after pre-pressing, of course).

Also, does anyone know any "brand names" of heat tape? I did a search on heat tape as well as thermal tape but don't know if it's the stuff I'm looking for. That book I mentioned makes no reference to a brand name and when I checked out the TLM supply website, they had heat tape listed but didn't elaborate on brand names, etc...

Thanks for any information.

Cheers,
Chris (AKA) Aeontees

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Why worry about the brand name of heat tape? If it does the job it does the job; I'm sure the stuff from TLM should work fine.

I think it might be more important for lining up certain kinds of designs, maybe vinyl letters or such...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twinge said:
Why worry about the brand name of heat tape? If it does the job it does the job; I'm sure the stuff from TLM should work fine.

I think it might be more important for lining up certain kinds of designs, maybe vinyl letters or such...
Hey Twinge,

I guess I'm just trying to find out what the brand names are so I can search it out and see if I can find it locally (Philadelphia).

We recently picked up a large order of TJII paper from TLM and would rather not order online if I don't have to. Otherwise, I would just order more paper and add it to the order. Basically, I'm just trying to avoid shipping charges if at all possible.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think that there is a name brand. I have ordered tape from a couple of different companies and it looks all the same.

I think that you would be better of just eyeballing the design on the shirt rather than using the tape. The tape does not stick to fabric well(very low tack) I use the tape on mugs and on some signs to hold the image in place, tried it on some hats but like I said it is very low tack.

Check with sublimation sites and heat press supplies sites and see if any are in you area. Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buddha said:
I don't think that there is a name brand. I have ordered tape from a couple of different companies and it looks all the same.

I think that you would be better of just eyeballing the design on the shirt rather than using the tape. The tape does not stick to fabric well(very low tack) I use the tape on mugs and on some signs to hold the image in place, tried it on some hats but like I said it is very low tack.

Check with sublimation sites and heat press supplies sites and see if any are in you area. Hopes this helps.

Hey there,

You're probably right about eyeballing being the best method. I'm just always looking for new ways to maximize efficiency in my operation.

Thanks for the info,
Chris.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts