T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Thank you for all the valuable information I've came across on this site.
Thanks to you all I have hopefully made some wise purchases. I have now a epson wf7510 with an installed cobrak ink system with pigment ink and jpss trasnfer paper with a Gecko Heat Press. I am ready to print my first shirt tonight and can not find any recommendations on what tempature I should have my heat press at and for how long. I am looking to press on 100% cotton shirts. Please, can anyone online help me.

· Registered
98 Posts
Hi everyone! Thank you for all the valuable information I've came across on this site.
Thanks to you all I have hopefully made some wise purchases. I have now a epson wf7510 with an installed cobrak ink system with pigment ink and jpss trasnfer paper with a Gecko Heat Press. I am ready to print my first shirt tonight and can not find any recommendations on what tempature I should have my heat press at and for how long. I am looking to press on 100% cotton shirts. Please, can anyone online help me.
Take a look our pdf instructions attached. We find that the following settings work well on medium weight cotton. Covering the transfer and garment with a silicone or Teflon sheet helps to protect the fabric. If your fabric is light or more delicate then you can usually reduce the temperature down to as low as 175°C and the time to 20 seconds. It is best to start at the higher temperature and drop the temperature and time gradually, checking the results each time you press.

190°C / 375°F*
Apply heavy pressure for 30 seconds**

*Reduce to 175°C / 350°F if necessary
**Reduce to 20 seconds if necessary

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again! Ok so I've tried twice to heat press my 100% cotton shirts and I'm not getting successful results. I've attached a picture of what I'm coming up with. I'm trying to press black pigment ink jpss paper on white shirt 375 degrees for 30 sec. and it shows up light greenish yellow????? PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm completely new to this so I am not sure exactly all I should be peeling off. What you see in the picture is me just peeling off the paper piece that has the lines on it and the 3G Jet-Opaque.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tried peeling the glossy coat you see in the pic and it looks like the ink is still on the paper and not the fabric of the shirt. :( If you could help me in any way I'd greatly appreciate it. Wishing I had a expert here with me to just show me one good run so I can get this down.

· Registered
265 Posts
If it's 3G, you print normal looking, peel it and lay it on the shirt with the printed side up. Be sure to use the included paper to lay on top of the print before pressing. This is in reference to your other post in a different thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.