T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,

I received a request for custom printing on collard shirts for a local non-profit agency. I've been reading through the different posts regarding heat pressing onto pique polos and that it's not recommend.

The wholesaler that we use here in Hawaii has a Jerzees 100% Cotton Sports Shirt, 6.0 oz. They have others like Outer Banks and Hanes but they're all pique. I've checked with another wholesaler in Honolulu about Gildan's but they don't have that available here. Being in Hawaii we're limited on selection and if I do talk with other wholesalers on the mainland the shipping here is so expensive.

Does anyone have experience heat pressing the Jerzees Sports Shirts? My husband and I just started this business venture a month ago, and we want to do the best job we can. We're planning to order custom transfers through ProWorld.

I asked the organization what brand is on the tag of their current shirts and she said, Hanes and Fruit of the Loom. They paid $15.00 per shirt from the previous printer.

Any thoughts you could share would be very much appreciated!

Mahalo

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Pique is a type of weaving style.

The pique weave shouldn't cause a problem when heat applying.

I have heat applied to polyester pique before without a problem.

As for Jerzees, they are a pretty popular supplier, so you should be ok using them.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
ditto on what Nick said. I've done heat press and rhinestones on pique shirts with no problems. The Jerzees sports shirts (polo), however is my brand of choice and I have used them consistently with no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts