T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new to this site, and seeing that lots of help is provided. Im in the same situation as Grayhead ( User in another post ) exept for child and wife, but anyway, I work full time..I'm talented with website/php..and knowing the basis of photoshop..i know what's a layer but maybe lacking over vector's, and i want to start right now my t-shirt buisness, starting for Band t-shirt ( Praticly all black garments ). I was considering buying a press, and a good ink jet printer. But when i came to this site, my illusions radically changes :) My friend got a tatoo machine, and me and him expect maybe to start a little boutique, where we tatoo's and shirt print.(heat press) ( plus net-sales(other printing method). But we need a start point.

So, I made lots of search about screen printing, silk screening, embroidery..and truly, im confused. I saw screen printing "machine" but i even do not know how it seems to work haha

I saw a tutorial for embroidery, but it was for monochrome black, with a embroidery hoop with glue on it..well i dont want 2 hours to make 1 t-shirt..lol..

So screen printing or silk screening ? That's sound the same for me..is it ?
For beginning, i want to print black t-shirt ( 95% ), and I know thats really sucks to print designs with heat press on black tees. Some websites apologize for OPAQUE material as backup. But man, the base's t-shirt weight around 5.6oz, i dont want to sell t-shirt weighting 2 pounds and low washing quality.

Any suggestions, tutorials videos, bundle kits, for under or near 1000$ ?

Thanks, sure you gonna help me
Tom"!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i think i dont need tutorial about heat pressing, just need practise when buying, but what im looking for, is screen printing printing process tutorials. I'm a bit familiar with photoshop already. But doesnt know how those sprinting machine works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.