T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked by a customer to do some Koozies (approx. 100.) I no longer do screen printing so they would have to be done on the heat press. Is it cost effective doing them with the heat press or should I just contract it out? What kind of heat transfer material should I use if I do them in house?

· Registered
737 Posts
I would test one out with a plastisol transfer. See if your vendor will let you buy one sample koozie. If you don't have any sample or extra plastisol transfers to test with, and you want to try that, pm me and I'll send you one.

· Registered
14 Posts
Hi Rohnda,
New to this and was wondering do you heat press koozies with mug or flat press? I need to do some and was thinking to buy a mug press that does 11oz size but then heard everyone uses a flat press. I think you mention you put a chip board inside?
Thanks! Oliver

· Registered
448 Posts
whats koozie??? someone...

Koozie =

Custom Koozies and Personalized Wedding Favors from Discount Favors

If you want to heat press the collapsable work very well. I have tested with ECO vinyl from Imprintables Warehouse, Hot Mark vinyl from Speciality Graphics and EPT plastisol transfer from Versatranz. EPT and ECO worked best. The Hot Mark is a cold peel product and seemed to wrinkle slightly. The best looking was the EPT plastisol transfer. EPT is applied with low heat (300) for 6 to 8 seconds. That keeps the koozie from burning. However...I always use a teflon sheet for extra protection.

I'm getting ready to print 100 koozies, 2 sided 1 color prints. Vinyl would work but plastisol is quicker. Cost is about (slightly less)the same in this qty with plastisol and no WEEDING!:)

Usual print size for koozies are up to 3 x 3 so you can gang a lot of images.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.