T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for any guidance.
We have been having our designs screenprinted for years and have decided to try heat press tranfers mainly for more detail and to cut some costs.
This started after i saw the "crack of dawn" line and thought hmmm maybe we can make our designs and transfer it on.
My question is, where do we start and are we going about it the right way. Our artwork has a few filters and stipples in them and can sometimes be quite complicated and around 6-8 colours plus. The price of screens was killing us.
We have investigated a hix or hotronix press and ordered transfers from proworld.. are we going in the right direction and are we better off getting our designs done professionally by a transfer company and heating them on ourselves.

Appreciate any help girls and guys.

PBOZ CREW

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Pro World is a good company to work with.

You will definately need to go the transfer/custom transfer route. I would begin by looking in the preferred vendors section. There are many great companies that can help you.

Custom transfers will give you the screenprinted appearence you are looking for.

As for a heat press, I you really can't go wrong with the two presses that you mentioned.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nick,
I have found the hardest thing is working out exactly what i need.
Yes a decent heat press and decent artwork are no problem but can I buy my custom transfers and just heat on, peel off and thats it?
I also read about printing my own transfers from a printer and heat press on. Surely i need a printer capable of this?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yes, you can order custom or stock transfers, and just heat apply them.

As far as printing them yourself, you are probably referring to inkjet transfers that you would print on your inkjet printer.

That is a totally different process and quality from actual transfers, but allot of people are happy with their appearence.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, no I do not want to print from my printer. That is not a professional look at all. With the transfers i need to do they have to be strtchy with fabric as i do a lot of ladies wear as well. Any specific ink i must address to mention to a supplier? This has been really helpfull Nick

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi Darren and Jennie,

Have you had a chance to look around the forums and read about different printing methods?
There are some useful thread here that could help you to decide on the printing method you'd like to use. For example:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t37985.html
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t48532.html

What kind of shirts you are planning to print on? Have you considered to outsource printing to someone with DTG machine?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi D.evo, I have read a lot of the articles but seemed to confuse me. I plan to print on cotton and poly cotton shirts. I am after a screenprint look not the platisol plastic look.
Outsourcing is OK but not much done here in Australia and the cost is no cheaper really than having transfers and heat pressing on myself.
The main problem i have is, we work at shows every weekend and sometimes I may sell out of a product or a size is sold out. My printers can not have them to me by the following weekend. This is why now I have joined to find out more and trust me i am learning plenty while still trying to do my work 7 days a week ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys,
i recently got a 8 in 1 combo heat press for boy sublimation and heat press i have mastered the sublimation part well but heat pressing caps isn't going well at all if am honest and in this part of the world mugs and caps are big sellers for heat press shops when i press it looks like a clear(see through) sticker has been badly placed over the logo it isnt just burning right am using the recommended temp and times and pressure by the manufacturer but no results.
- i dont know if am printing on the wrong side of the tranfer paper or for dark caps am i am supposed to peal first then heat press the pealed side
-when printing do i mirror image the design and press like sublimation or just do it normally
i am very confused and when i ask those who know they arent willing to help coz i will become competition.
please help coz with our country's elections in 6 months i dont want miss this once in 5yrs opportunity.
i dont know a way i could post the pic of the cap i have done to give you a clear picture of whats happening but my email is [email protected]. good day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts