T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I realize this might be a repeat post, but I was wondering if anyone can help..... I have a client who wants me to heat press a design on lots of 600-denier polyester tote bags.....

Any pointers on vinyl type... Will thermoflex plus work or would thermoflex extra be better? Any better brands?

Also, what sort of heat settings should I use.... I'm guessing I should slip something in the tote bag so it doesn't melt to itself....

Any other tips? Thanks!

Sorry if this is already in other threads... wasn't finding any info that was moderately recent :)

· Registered
10,809 Posts
We have tested the Thermoflex on similar bags and it worked quite well. The VinylOne also performs nicely on the bags and it is less expensive. You will need a heat press pillow to push up the pressing area. I believe this type of tote bag could have glue underneath the stitching which could melt under the heat.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks proworlded!

Before I ordered the bags, I thought I saw someplace that Thermoflex should work.... then I think I got nervous. I do have a "test bag" I ordered so I might give that a shot first. Any tips on temps/time?

I'm not familiar with the VinylOne vinyl... haven't been at the heat press portion of my business terribly long. Might have to try some of that out... always alike a quality product at a better price!

· Registered
15 Posts
We have pressed rhinestone transfers on these material totes quite a bit. We reduce the heat setting to about 315/320 degrees and place a thin piece if cardboard inside the bag to prevent it from melting together. While pressing, we are also careful to avoid the zipper and apply a lot of pressure to make sure everything sticks.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry, I missed this a few weeks ago! We have had great luck with ThermoFlex plus vinyl on these bags at regular time/temp. Most of what we have done is on the Liberty Bags brand. They take heat pressing well and aren't super-expensive. Just watch out for zippers, seams, straps, etc. and keep them out of the press when possible and use pillows/pads as needed to protect them when inside the press :)

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Here are our instructions for TexPrint paper:

TextPrint Sublimation Paper on Polyester
Application Instructions

Set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Set timer to 45-55 seconds.
Set Pressure at medium.
Print a mirror image onto Texprint Paper.
Place paper face down on garment. The garment needs to be 100% polyester and white or light color fabric.
Press at 400 degrees F for 45-55 seconds with medium pressure
Remove paper immediately and peel hot.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks those are the settings I use when I'm sublimating onto 100% polyester t-shirts. Ive been trying out totebags and the ones I ordered say 600-denier polyester which I guess means polyester but also made with recyclable material. Inside the tote is coated and so I put a heat pillow inside to avoid it melting together but I still think I am using the wrong heat/time combo..

Trial and error so far 400 at 45 seconds.. melted the inside a little still

300 degrees 30 seconds.. the image didnt transfer well and I had to bring it back to 400 at 30 seconds.

The image came out fine but I noticed there was still some inside melting even with the pillow..

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to know if anyone had any tips for this type of material with sublimation and not vinyl transfer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.