T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have a geo Knight 16x20 swing away press that I love!!! It does shirts and accommodates up to 2" in sublimation. But....heat presses have killed my shoulder, I'm afraid. :( Surgery soon and my husband is telling me I need an auto open one so i don't do this again! Researching options! I need one that is auto open. Has no jerk when you lock it down, easy to adjust pressure and still sublimates some nice sized items. Any suggestions?! Feel like the air compressor ones are over kill maybe? and costly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My shoulders are messed up from bowling for 17 years. I have the GeoKnight DK20A and while the auto-open feature definitely reduces the stress on the shoulders, when closing the press the auto-open feature doesn't do anything. I agree with NoXid and splathead, an air-operated heat press would be your best option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Help! I have a geo Knight 16x20 swing away press that I love!!! It does shirts and accommodates up to 2" in sublimation. But....heat presses have killed my shoulder, I'm afraid. :( Surgery soon and my husband is telling me I need an auto open one so i don't do this again! Researching options! I need one that is auto open. Has no jerk when you lock it down, easy to adjust pressure and still sublimates some nice sized items. Any suggestions?! Feel like the air compressor ones are over kill maybe? and costly.
Insta makes one of the best swing away air operated press. Putting on transfers gave me tennis elbow years ago. I now own 3 automatic press. For just printing shirts I have a Hix 680 that works great.
Have a GREAT day!
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts