T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm new with doing heat press, and I chose to start with canvas bags and sublimation. After some trial and error, I finally figured out the ideal temperature & time combo for the heat press machine that I use. However, I just noticed that the upper platen that has the teflon layer has air bubbles!! :(

Does anyone know how I could remove the air bubbles in the teflon layer?

I'm not sure how they formed, but during one of my trials I set the temperature too high and it sort of burned the canvas bag in a way that it became slightly brown. Could that have been the cause?

In any case, if anyone knows how to properly remove the air bubbles that formed there, I would be very grateful. :)

· Registered
10,809 Posts
That sounds like some type of defect in the coating. Have you contacted the suppler of the heat press? I would think the heating element needs to be replaced.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That sounds like some type of defect in the coating. Have you contacted the suppler of the heat press? I would think the heating element needs to be replaced.
Not yet, but will do so when they open for the day.

Is it advisable to somehow remove the teflon coating and just use a teflon sheet, which I already have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.