T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,694 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact model you have, but the one I have has an electromagnet that releases when the time is up. Depending on how thick the garment is and how you have the pressure adjusted on the press, it may--or may not--spring all the way open on its own. At least that is my experience. Mine always releases, but as outlined above, may not always spring open.

On mine there is a pressure adjustment and an adjustment for the position of the piece of metal that the electromagnet grabs onto. If you adjust the pressure, you'll probably need to adjust the magnet part to get it to pop open. A clue is how well the magnet and its mate are aligned.

· Administrator
18,948 Posts
Also check your pistons which connects your upper platen assembly to the press frame. Ours went out on a Hotronix and while the magnet released, the pistons did not lift the platen.

You'll know it's the pistons if, while the press is turned off, you lower your upper platen and it does not spring back up.

· Registered
859 Posts
Also check your pistons which connects your upper platen assembly to the press frame. Ours went out on a Hotronix and while the magnet released, the pistons did not lift the platen.

You'll know it's the pistons if, while the press is turned off, you lower your upper platen and it does not spring back up.
The part being referred to above is a wear item and needs to be replaced occasionally. I dont know what brand you have but contact the company you bought it thru and they should be able to get you parts. On our presses it takes about 15 minutes to replace them and cost $30-60 depending on which press.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.