T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which press is better, Hix or Mighty press?

And is a clam better than a swinnger?

I'm looking to by a 15x15 press and I saw that there is only a $5 difference in the 2, Hix and Mighty. I also saw that there is a swing type Hix, the same price as their clam.

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, which company is better to buy from, BESTBLANKS or Coastal Business Supplies?

Bestblanks is cheaper for the Hix I was looking at, but they don't offer mighty. So if hix is a better press, I'll get one from bestblank, maybe.

I guess any help would be great right now. I would like to buy this week and the only thing stopping me is where to buy from. Should I save the few $'s and find out best aint best at all or spend more $ and find out coastal aint good either.

Can somone tell me about the two heat press and the better of the 2 places to get it from?

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay if you add in the shipping cost, Coastal is about the same or cheaper.

Man I wish I didn't do so much research all the time. This would be a lot easier and faster.

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JoshEllsworth said:
Both are good brands. The nice thing about a clam shell is that its only a two step operation, up & down. A swing arm has four steps, up, swing away, swing back over & down. Still a matter of preference. The main differences between the Mighty Press & The Hix are teflon coated (Mighty Press) or uncoated platen (Hix)? Floatational Heat platen on top (Mighty press) or floating platen on bottom (Hix). Over the center pressure adjustment knob (Mighty Press) or Pressure adjustment in back of the press (Hix).
What is the coating on the platen for? And what is the benefit of having the pressure knob in the middle or back of press?

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, ok, I ordered my heat press from Coastal today.

I got:
Mighty press 15x15 clam shell press
100 sheet of transferr paper
The cable, usb, did not come with printer
And the epson C88+ printer.

I'm on my way, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.