T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am a new member, this is my first post. I have been researching heat presses and I am wondering if a 1500w 16x20 will keep up with continuous sublimation pressing on a dual platen slider or swing press or does the heat plate need a little time to recover before doing the next sublimation transfer. I like the idea of being able be positioning another shirt while one shirt is pressing, like on a dual/twin platen.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's actually a lot more complex than that.
The length and type of the heating element, as well as the thickness of the heat plate, are much more important.
I personally wouldn't buy one with less than 1800w.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Some presses stop heating when the press is in the closed position. The problem you will have with sublimation is that it will be closed for best part of a minute and only open (heating) for a few seconds. 1500w is ok for single platen sublimation, but borderline with dual platen. You might get away with it if you stop to fold every ten or so garments - that will give it time to recover.

If your budget is limited you might be better getting a second single platen press. Cost more in power bills, but that will be partly offset by faster production.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That is the kind of insight I was hoping to find. I have been reading a lot about presses but I have not found anyone saying much about recovery time.
Thanks again for your time knowledge.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'd forget about the dual platen and get 2 heat presses instead.
You will have faster production time, and if one stops working you can still work in "limp mode" until you can get it fixed.

The GN DK20s is probably the best option if you can afford two of them.
Another option many people like is the SwingMan-20E because it has no electronics to go wrong.

Leave the Chinese ones to technical minded people who can repair them without support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts