T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out what is a good price to charge for caps with heat pressed vinyl. The caps cost $2.00 and I am seeing caps sale online for $3 to $ 3.50. Is that a good representation?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I need to find out what is a good price to charge for caps with heat pressed vinyl. The caps cost $2.00 and I am seeing caps sale online for $3 to $ 3.50. Is that a good representation?
Would depend on your market and your overhead, and style of cap, we sell caps in the $5-7 dollar range more if low quantity, less if 24 or more....you have to consider your design also, did you create it? if so do you charge a design fee?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I do vinyl on caps for a couple companies..one is a public transit co and I charge $8.95 plus tax...no shipping or handling..those costs are in the final cost....big selling advantage is that unlike embroidery, they can be wiped with damp cloth to clean...and they like that

·
Registered
112 Posts
What I do, is die cut 2 inch Plain Block letters, heat apply the initials of public schools in my rural county and sell on consignment on a poly-mesh cap for retail 5.00, and wholesale 3.00. My account is walking distance from my job, and I sell to this guy only. I never thought about cleaning the cap, but I will pass along your technigue.
Thanks again,
Smith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys..I´m contacting you because I´m trying to find some heat transfer vinyl cutter services and cap press services.
I´m located in Hollywood, FL but I haven´t find any supplier; I just move to the city. I´ll appreciate your help maybe do you have some database from the companys which offer this type of service??

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd buy from Stahl's or Dalco Athletic or Midwest Lettering for those Vinyl letters. Heat press Cap machines are sold by those same companies. Accucut sells die cutting machines and dies. I suggest you search ISS Shows, pick a date for a show, pull up their site, and check the list that shows all the companies showing at that show, then go to their sites, and call them.
My die cutting and printing is for 2 customers in a town of 3000. I co-own a business that gives me time to service these customers, more as a hobby that I like to do, than as something to make a living from.
Good Luck.
Smith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts