T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am just trying out heatpress transfers. Have only used xpres inkjet 1000 on white tees and it seems fine (I will also prefer screenprinting).

Although a transfer on a white Ping polo worked great it does not work on any other polo. Xpres have since told me that they are only designed for tees.

So, what do I use to heatpress on polo shirts?
Lights and darks?

I would appreciate any advice and/or opinions.

Thanks.

Pauline

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Most polos have a 'rough' or heavy texture and i would imagine that would show through the transfer and maybe prevent it from adhering well. You would have to get jersey polos which are smooth (BBL do some). Maybe that's the reason.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No difference between a polo and t is the price, haha.

Yes, apparently it is the 'weave'. As progeny said because it is rough the transfer cannot fully adhere to the polo.

Well, the good news is, I have found the transfer. Inkjet dark!!!! Xpres Cut sell it, they could have told me, tut.

I will let you know next week how it works.

Until I have a DTG screenprinting is the best.

Pauline

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't have the space to screen print, I believe one needs horrendous space as opposed to garage space.
Do you really think that a DTG inkjet printer will match a screenprint please?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Its www.bbleisurewear.com and go to collection then classics, it's a jerset t-shirt with collar etc.

If you want to screen print from your garage i think you have plenty of room for a 2 colour press using waterbased ink maybe so you don't need a dryer etc.

Lee

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have the space to screen print, I believe one needs horrendous space as opposed to garage space.
Do you really think that a DTG inkjet printer will match a screenprint please?

No, you do not necessarily have to have horrendous space nor garage space!!!

Green Earth Screenprinting machines are compact enough not to even need a garage.;)

Pauline

1 - 8 of 8 Posts