T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello-

i am printing t-shirts with water-based inks. can a heat press be used to heat set ink? if so, i'd love some guidance on how best to do it.

many thanks!

dabney

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rodney-

i should also say that i am doing largish quantities, so an iron would be fairly time/labor intensive.

which brings me back to the heat press. does anyone have any experience with that method? or even know if it's possible?

in the meantime, i'll look into the catalyst further. i wasn't totally sure after reading the thread what it was or if it would work for me.

thanks!

- dabney

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Rodney said:
Maybe others have some updated information as well
I do as it happens. Previously I expressed scepticism at using a heat press for this purpose (I was concerned about burning/scorching the fabric), but it appears I was wrong.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
mogo said:
which brings me back to the heat press. does anyone have any experience with that method? or even know if it's possible?
Yes, it should work (though obviously I'd do some testing of your own before investing too much in any particular solution).

While I haven't done extensive testing myself, I have successfully cured a couple of shirts and swatches in a large heat press, and know of a number of other people who have cured shirts and reported good wash results.

It's not as practical as a curing oven, but it beats using a hand iron.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts