T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heatpress machine timer has gone unreliable.
When I set the time for 30 secs (for example) then locked in the press, the set temperature will then change (goes down) and then the timer just reset back to 30 when it is already in the middle. I need to manually time it otherwise it will be pressing too long if i wait for the buzzer.
Anyone experienced this and do you have trouble shooting tips?

Thanks!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am from the Philippines, not from US.
Although I did contacted my supplier about the problem and told me I need to bring the machine back to them for check up.
Hopefully this can be fixed as I have just used this machine for 5 batches of heat pressed shirts (approx 100 pcs).

· Registered
503 Posts
My heatpress machine timer has gone unreliable.
When I set the time for 30 secs (for example) then locked in the press, the set temperature will then change (goes down) and then the timer just reset back to 30 when it is already in the middle. I need to manually time it otherwise it will be pressing too long if i wait for the buzzer.
Anyone experienced this and do you have trouble shooting tips?

Thanks!
If your Mighty press is manual (no digital readout), there is no connection between the temperature and the timer. The temperature always goes down because the garment is cooler than the heat platen and draws heat from it.

Here's what I think is happening. The timer is turned on by a "proximity switch", which is a small (maybe 1 inch) plastic box mounted on top of one of the linkage arms. It is next to a magnet that is mounted on a metal bracket. When you close the press, the switch moves closer to the magnet and the timer starts. Sometimes the bracket bends, and the switch is not close enough to the magnet to be reliable.

I suggest you locate the switch and the magnet, lock the press down, then bend the bracket a little so the magnet moves closer (but is not touching) the switch. If that doesn't work, I would email Stahl's tech support for other causes.

· Registered
18 Posts
If your Mighty press is manual (no digital readout), there is no connection between the temperature and the timer. The temperature always goes down because the garment is cooler than the heat platen and draws heat from it.

Here's what I think is happening. The timer is turned on by a "proximity switch", which is a small (maybe 1 inch) plastic box mounted on top of one of the linkage arms. It is next to a magnet that is mounted on a metal bracket. When you close the press, the switch moves closer to the magnet and the timer starts. Sometimes the bracket bends, and the switch is not close enough to the magnet to be reliable.

I suggest you locate the switch and the magnet, lock the press down, then bend the bracket a little so the magnet moves closer (but is not touching) the switch. If that doesn't work, I would email Stahl's tech support for other causes.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for that info! It fixed my problem too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.