T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,135 Posts
I have an Air Waves heat press and the temperature will not stop rising when the press is on. Any help will be appreciated.
Sounds like you may have a defective thermostat, you should contact the manufacturer or the distributor you bought the press from....how old? still under warranty?

Hope this helps.

· Registered
2,135 Posts
I originally thought it was the theremostat. I don't have a heat gun but I can feel the temp rising. Could the fuse have anything to do with it?
No if the fuse was bad I doubt it would heat up at all, so you don't have a way to check the temp, when you set the desired temp do you hear a relay click when it gets hot? If the press doesn't have a digital readout for the temp you really need to figure out some way to check the temp to verify that you do indeed have a problem.

Most heat presses (working correctly) have a few degrees temp swing basically it'll go a few degrees above the threshold temp you set, a relay will click the heater will turn off, the temp will drop to a few degrees below your threshold temp, the relay will click again turning the heater back on....it should repeat this cycle for all the time the press is turned on and in use.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.