T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My prints keep coming out off centered or off from where I actually want them to be when I press. Is there any technique or trick to know if your shirt is perfectly centered.I always think they are then they aren't....another thing, is it normal for the print to split when you stretch the shirt but go back to normal? Is there any way to stop this? I'm using jpss I thought that it was stretchable? Idk sorry for my dumb questions...

· Registered
251 Posts
My prints keep coming out off centered or off from where I actually want them to be when I press. Is there any technique or trick to know if your shirt is perfectly centered.I always think they are then they aren't....another thing, is it normal for the print to split when you stretch the shirt but go back to normal? Is there any way to stop this? I'm using jpss I thought that it was stretchable? Idk sorry for my dumb questions...
To make sure your prints are as centered as possible you can use a t-square and measure from side to side and get it to be as close to center as possible. To hold it in place you can get you some heat transfer tape and that should help. If the prints are cracking when you stretch it they are not cured properly. You need to check you time, temp and pressure settings. Hope this helps.

· Registered
260 Posts
I fold my shirts in half vertically, so that the fold is aligned with the middle of the collar, and press for 2-3 seconds. I align the seams on the sides together, press, and this gives me a line right down the center.

· Registered
2,013 Posts
No - if you stretch it, the design will look compressed when the material is
relaxed.

The only time to stretch a garment is for a tight - fitting, stretchy ladies top. You basically want to print the garment in the same form it will be in when it is being worn. Generally, that's with the fibers relaxed, not stretched.

· Registered
5 Posts
What you have described with the stretching is normal if the fabric is "ribbed." That is a fabric that has little ribs that separate when stretched. In that case the ink is pressed only on the raised portion of the fabric and not in the valleys.

I always gently stretch the fabric immediately after pressing and then do another quick press to make sure the transfer has been cured. However, you don't want to over do that. Good luck with your shirts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.