T-Shirt Forums banner

Heat press! Someone please help!

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  devious1 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, i have been a member of this site for a long time and use it mainly as a research tool. I have recently picked up a new press by a company called JLW. It was manufactured in hong kong. It is a 16x 24 swing away press. I have looked everywhere online for this item with little luck.

My problem: i purchased this press from someone on ebay and it came with 1 page of basic directions for setting the temp and thats it! No info on pressure ,setting the timer..NOTHING. So after having the machine on for a bit and letting it warm up the alarm goes off and has not stopped since. It keeps playing for as long as the machine is on! Now the temperature gauge has EEEE'S across it where it would normally have the temp reading.

i was wondering if anyone has this press and if so do you have some directions for it?? :confused:

#4 ·
If the machine is still acting up, do you have a reset button?
Or is it a fuse? you may have to reset, it..
also make sure that you have it on a plug in, that nothing else is plugged into,
Is your plug in cable hot?
Sorry I did not see this before when you were on, to help.

#5 ·
Thanks for the response. The paper work that it came with said something about a fuse...however i have not found its location. Wouldn't unplugging it from its power source cause the machine to reset. Its driving me crazy. It seems like every day its something new!

I just want an instruction manual!!! I have emailed the company several times now with no response.

J

#6 ·
MOst likely you would have to reset the fuse, if it got over heated,
some machines have a reset button on the side, another switch like on and off, and some you have to take the cases off.. to find them..
I myself have never replaced one, but i do have a bad illumapress that needs a new fuse..
I have 2 other machines.
All of the presses I have came with very lil instructions.
a one or 2 page thing,
I am sorry i cant help you more.:(

#7 ·
Hi Joe,

I think what you mainly have to worry about is getting the temp set correctly because each transfer paper is going to come with it's own directions on temp/time for correct results.

To find the temp, I suggest you use an IR gun or temp tape. I am giving you a link. In this post, there is another link to a thread on IR guns and the temp tape, but, before you click that, read the posts in the "can anyone explain" thread about the Fluke gun from sears and the last post, too.

As long as you can get that alarm to stop, you should be good to go. Turn the temp dial all the way down before you plug it in again. I don't recommend opening the cover and messing around in there unless you have some knowledge of what you are touching and messing with as I am sure some things in there can be dangerous to your health if you don't know what you are doing! :):D

Did you google your model number to see what is out there? Okay, if you get the alarm to stop sounding, and you need to set the temp, use one of those IR guns or temp tapes so you know what temperature the dial sets it for. :)

#8 ·
Thanks for the info kelly, but im not using transfers i am actually just using it mainly for foil overlays and heat setting prints for a softer hand. My display is also all digital so i cannot turn anything down manually like u can with the knobs. At the present time i cannot do anything because now the temperature scale just has a bunch of eeee's across the area that would normally have the temp. This is driving me crazy. I have searched and searched and found nothing.

There is no actual model number on the machine. It is a JLW 16 X 24 SWING AWAY PRESS. I find it hard to believe that nobody else has this press. I have seen old listings come up in my google search for people selling them on ebay...but nothing current.

Somebody please help!
J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.