T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to all of this, am waiting to get my Jetpress 12 9X12 press now so doing some research. I see that I have already made my first mistake by buying such a small press, I am wondering that if I do want to do a larger transfer could I still do it by pressing it twice by moving it over? I have a Epson 1280 printer. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, wish I could, E-bay thing. Got a good deal, just don't think it is what I should have bought. Thanks for the reply.

starprince said:
Hi Mona,

Since your are still waiting for it do you think you can call and change your order to at least a 15X15?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I agree, if you can't get the seller to take a return, then sell it again on eBay and get a bigger one. You might even come out money ahead on the Jetpress if you bought it at a great price. If it was new, don't even use it, so you can resell it as Brand New.

Oh, and WELCOME to the forums!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Also, a smaller press may not be such a bad thing. What do you plan on doing i.e. Tees, totes and whatnot. If youre going to just be doing standard Tees and such, an 8x11 print isnt really that small in terms of novality Tees. Plus, if it starts to make you money, it might be nice to have a smaller press to take to fairs, swap meets or just have for the smaller items. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice, this forum seems a GREAT place for information and I am learning a lot reading all the posts. I did look at your board Badalou, that seems like a good idea, I will try it. Anyway I guess I will just use the small press till hopefully I make enough $ to buy a larger one. But still, the question, I take it that you cannot press twice on a design?

·
Registered
949 Posts
You probably could, but I don't think you would get the best results.

Really, the biggest problem with a small press is aligning the t-shirts on them. If you can do that, you should get the same quality results assuming your design will fit on the press.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I don't know if you visited my web site that I sent you about my board to help you align tees. I don't have a problem now. I also made a clear plastic template to make sure that transfer is exactly where it is supposed to be. if you want more info contact me. I did have an alignment problem but I am happy for now. But I am still saving my dimes to buy a bigger press.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again, yes I visited the site, and think your idea looks good. I think I understand now, it is not the pressing it twice that is the problem, it is the alignment, and not the size of the transfer being too big. Right?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
As I only work with 8.5 x 11 prints it is just a matter of laying the shirt in the right direction and then centering it. My board keeps the shirt flat and I don't have to worry about holding it in place while I am printing because I am using small press. My clear plastic template I made is then placed on top to make sure everything is exactly where I want it, remove i, press, done.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As Dave said you should go with at least a 15x15. If you do any larger transfers you will wish you had the larger press and as Lou stated you can always put it back on ebay and upgrade later on. We run a 15x20 INSTA swinger and love it. Good Luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts