T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading that most people suggest a minimum of a 15x15 press, but I was wondering about some other sizes I've seen.

Can anyone tell me why 15" is suggested? I understand the width is a nice size for wider images, but is the 15" length necessary?

Do you think a 16x12 could do as good of a job or are most logos/prints longer than 10"-12",...and that's why the 15" length is also necessary.

What are the typical sizes for full-size logos on a front or back T-shirt?

Thanks....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: Heat press size....12 X 16

Joesph,

Whatever you do. Get the biggest press you can afford because you never know when a client will ask for those Jumbo prints. Me personally I would never get a 15 x 15 press. I started with a used 16 x 20 press.. oh make sure its name brand "buy cheap.. pay twice"

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Re: Heat press size....12 X 16

Hey Joseph, I think Chris is giving you good advice(buy the biggest you can afford). I do alot of garmnets and my 15x15 works great for me( I have a 16x20 press too), I prefer the 15x15.I want to add buy a ame brand pres and stay away from the Ebay bargins. I really think the minium size should be a 15x15 fir ease of alignment. .... JB

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
One advantage of the larger press is that it makes it a bit easier with making sure larger shirts (2X and larger) are aligned correctly on the press. The smaller the press the harder it is to make sure the shirt / image is straight.

·
Registered
579 Posts
One other thing to keep in mind.... I had a 9x12 hobby lite press when I started, it was fine for most of what I was doing to begin with, but and it's a big BUT...

The 9" measurement ran from front to back, meaning I had to turn all my shirts 90 degrees to press a longer design. With a 15x15 press, you can lay the shirt on there with the neck towards the back and the excess hanging off the front, regardless if your transfer is 6 x 12 or 15 x 15.

Having to turn 100+ shirts and line them up sideways was NO TREAT let me tell you. ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Bill,

Thanks for that aditional info...I was kind of wondering that also...How difficult it is to have to lay your shirts sideways for certain prints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts