T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am interested in adding a heat press service to my business, however, after spending days researching i thought it'd be a good idea to ask the forum. I have looked at various companies and the only thing that appears to differ is the price. I am looking to purchase a press that is no larger than 38cmx38cm printing area. I have found a deal in the UK which looks okay to me, however, i thought i'd get some opinions from people before i go ahead and waste my precious money. The thing i like about the following deal is that it is a combination heat press that would allow me to print on to caps, mugs etc. Please let me know what you think. Many thanks
:)

Welcome to Joy's Sewing Machines Website

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
This is a chinese press....I am not a fan of the multi-purpose units. I would rather have the regular press and use wraps for mugs and add a hat press later...in any case just make sure of the warranty and parts availability

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If you hold off there are some people from over there that do come to the forum.That know's about that company and I think they did get the press not sure could be wrong!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ok on the top of the forum there is Search T-shirt forum.com ,if you put the web site name it will take you to lot of post about the heat press and the web site hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have no idea about the product you are asking about. I got advice a long time ago from a elderly gentleman about a piece of equipment. It was not a heat press, but I think the advice will hold true. This equipment I had found had multiple uses. I was so excited about the money I could save and be able to do so much. The old guy said "if you buy multi use equipment. You will get something that will do many things, but none of them will be done well". I didn't listen to him then, but I sure wish I had. I bought that equipment and soon found him to be correct. As for the multi use heat press, I will say the time wasted waiting for a heat platen to cool to change it out will cost you production time. I tell people time is money, the longer it takes you to do a job, the fewer jobs you will be able to do. I wish you the best of luck in your product search. I just wanted to give you advice, that I truly wish I had listened too. .... JB

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. The company you mention (Joy's) also sells via a shop on EBay UK.

I enquired twice about another machine they sell, both by direct email and by web form, they didn't reply to either. If you attempt to contact them via EBay, you get an automated message back stating the message system isn't working (yeah right) and asking you to phone them.

They never actually have the items in stock and another posting on here brought up the fact that they had to claim their money back from this company, as the item was still not delivered after several weeks.

From a personal perspective I wouldn't deal with them, as their methods of doing business, leaves a lot to be desired. You have to ask yourself, what the service will be like if your machine develops a fault?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Thanks Will I agree. I think customer service is the most important part of business. I want to make a profit, but want to be sure people are happy. ... JB

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay thanks for the advice all. Please can someone recommend a make that will allow me to press onto football size shirts and be both reliable and give excellent results. Thanks

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think a 16x 20 press is best, but a 15x15 will work. I like the Hix brand, but Hotronix,Mighty press, and Phoenix Phire are good too. I think the inexpensive sunie will wotk, but does not open as wide as the others and this will add to dangers of being burned. ..... JB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts